Adapted from Debbi Does Dinner Healthy Blog.
- Top round beef, trim fat if you want
- 2 c Beef broth
- 2 Bay leafs (I didn’t have 😦 )
- 3 T Worcestershire sauce or 1 T soy sauce and 2 T BBQ sauce
- 4 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 t salt
- 1 t sugar
- 1/2 t Pepper
- 1/2 t Steak seasoning or Johnny’s seasoning salt
- 1/8 t Allspice
- 1 Large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 Large carrots or a handful of baby’s
- 4 or 5 potatoes chopped into bite size
- 3 T Cornstarch (optional)
- 1/4 c Water (optional)
- Whatever other veggies you have on hand(I added a few mushrooms and green onions)
Place roast into crock pot dish, pour in the broth. Mix all the seasonings, garlic and sauces together. Pour on top of the roast and rub in slightly. Layer the veggies around the roast, try to keep them below the surface. Place the bay leafs onto.
Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
If you desire a thicker broth check out the link to the original recipe provided above.
I made this the night before and refrigerated it. When I woke up all I had to do was place it on the crock pot and turn on! It was wonderfully easy, and a nice treat to come home to delicious cooked roast.